Amino Acid Supplements
Amino acids are amazing and marvelous things. They fulfill the basic requirements of well being like vitamins and minerals and also facilitate growth, health, and good functioning of the body. They do play an important role in muscle building, weight loss and fitness. When it comes to bodybuilding, and weight training, supplements are of critical importance.
Bodybuilders and weight lifters consider amino acid supplements for lean muscle growth and preventing muscle loss when dieting. These only complement your diet and you will never make muscle building progress without a quality plan. This plan must include a nutritional regimen, exercise routine and supplementation plan.
You require essential nutrients in your daily life and each has a specific role in the body. These are an important part of a balanced healthy regimen. They are the ideal choice for bodybuilders, athletes, strict vegetarians, and people who have special dietary concerns. Supplement can boost your energy levels and improve your health in several ways.
Amino acids are of two types, essential and non essential. The non essential are synthesized by the body itself, when nitrogen, carbon, hydrogen and oxygen source are present in appropriate amounts. The essential are supplied by the diet, as the body cannot synthesize these to meet nutritional needs. The essential one must be obtained from your nutritional intake. When we eat a meal we do not pay much attention to the nutrition content of food but the nutrition content of the meal determines our health and wellness.
Supplements play a significant role in your day to day lives which are as follows:
1. Exercise and nutrients will all cause muscle growth. They contain BCAA’s (branch chain amino acids) such as leucine, isoleucine and valine. It is consumed immediately after workout when the muscle needs energy for growth and recovery.
2. When your muscles contract during workout they use ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate) as their energy source. In this process ATP is converted to ADP (Adenosine Diphosphate). Creatine supplement is used to immediately replenish these energy stores. This is why creatine is so popular to bodybuilders and athletes. In short, they provide you the best energy source when you are working out.
3. It plays an important role in fat loss. It facilitates conversion of fat to energy and helps in the mobilization and circulation of stored fat.
4. Your body has the ability to breakdown muscle tissue for energy during heavy exercise. If you consume BCAA’s the body does not breakdown muscle tissue to gain extra energy. The use of BCAA’s during and after training may result in a significant reduction of muscle breakdown during workout.
5. Vegetarians are much more susceptible to the protein deficiency. If you are a vegetarian you must lack one of the essential nutrients in your daily meal. Therefore, you should take supplements in order to ensure that you are getting the sufficient amounts for proper bodily function.