Exercises Tips: Body Toning Exercises For Women
The female form is a beautiful thing, especially when we take care of ourselves. Unfortunately, it can be an uphill battle these days for we women to keep that toned, beautiful body we want. There are five things working against us:
1. Age: these days, 60 is the new 40. Women are looking good, later into life. Celebrities and regular women alike are demonstrating that they can stretch their good looks well past their 30s and 40s. So, we expect more of ourselves as we age. Still, the fact remains that we do age. Even if we have managed to keep the weight off, our skin and muscles can lose some of that toned look as the years go by.
2. Stress: given the pressures of the global economy, most of us are working more hours at home or at the office (or both), just trying to make ends meet. Our faces and bodies show that we feel and look a bit more tired than we did even 3 or 5 years ago.
3. Busy Schedules: A hard schedule takes its toll in terms of how much time we can devote ourselves to exercise, sleep and taking care of ourselves in general.
4. Changing Eating Habits: In our fast food culture, our collective eating habits have taken a turn for the worse. We take less time to plan, make and eat those healthy meals that are really good for our bodies.
5. Knowledge: How can we know which exercises will really work to regain that form we had in our younger years? Knowledge is power. Knowing which exercises to do – and how to do them properly – is key to regaining and keeping that great body.
How should we address these challenges? Regardless of which body toning exercises you choose, here are some tips for how to get more out of each one:
1. Start by stretching: Any workout, no matter how intense or mild, should start out with at least some light stretching. This will warm up your muscles and reduced your chances for injuries.
2. Match the exercise to the body area: There is a toning exercise for every part of your body. Look for exercises to target outer thighs, tummy, inner thighs, abdominals, hamstrings, arms, and face separately.
3. Proper form: Following the right form for any exercise is a very important component of success. Just going through the motions is not enough. Yoga is a wonderful example of how much slight changes to body posture can make a big difference in our form and posture.
4. Maintain intensity: It is very important to maintain high levels of intensity throughout your workout. After a brief warm-up period, you need to keep your heart rate elevated to proper levels.
5. Use the right weights: If your routine includes weight-lifting, make sure to use the right weights to match your body style, your fitness goals, and how good of shape you are in. For example, if your goal is to have a more toned body, try using lighter weights with more repetitions.
Follow these tips when performing body toning exercises for a better, more successful workout as you go after that ideal female form.