Can You Continue With Normal Exercises During Pregnancy?
Can you continue with your normal exercise during pregnancy? Well, back in the old days, pregnant women were considered to be fragile beings that should be hidden away until delivery. Thank God we don’t live in those times now.
Just because you’re pregnant, it doesn’t mean that you can’t get out there and get some active exercise. After you get the “all clear” from your doctor, be sure to fit in daily exercises during your pregnancy. In order to clear you for exercise, your doctor may give you some guidelines to follow to ensure a healthy pregnancy, but to get you started, here are some exercise guidelines of our own.
Sports and recreation activities and exercises to avoid include:
1. Contact sports and most competitive sports;
2. Any activity that can result in falling, such as downhill skiing or mountain biking;
3. Lying on your back or stomach during exercise, after the beginning of the fourth month;
4. Lifting heavy objects or heavy weight lifting;
5. Intense cardiovascular exercise – your heartbeat should remain under 140 beats per minute during your workout.
6. Scuba diving or any activity that involves pressurized air.
The most appropriate exercise during pregnancy can include:
Exercise is important during pregnancy. It can alleviate aches and pains, depression, and fatigue. Exercise also gives you the endurance and flexibility to get through your pregnancy and through labor. So what are you waiting for? Get out there, get active, and stay healthy. Exercise during your pregnancy is a great thing to do for you and your baby.